- Left Click Start -> Control Panel
- Inside Control Panel, under Network and Internet left click View network status and tasks
- Below Change your networking settings, left click Set up a new connection or network
- Inside Set Up a Connection or Network window, choose Connect to a workplace then left click Next
- inside the window Connect to a Workplace, left click on Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Inside Internet address: enter Your Perferred Server
- Inside Destination name: enter SMR Hosting IPSEC
- Check Don't connect now; just it up so I can connect later
- Click Next
- Inside User name: enter your username (Its usually your email address)
- Inside Password: enter your password
- (optional) Select Remember this password
- Left Click Create
- Close the window - Do Not Connect!
- In Network and Sharing Center, left click Change Adapter Settings its on the left hand side.
- Right click on SMR Hosting IPSEC left click Properties
- Select Options tab uncheck Include Windows logon domain
- Select the Security tab in the dropdown box Type of VPN choose Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPSec (L2TP/IPsec)
- inside the Data encryption drop down box choose Maximum strength encryption
- Choose Allow these protocols verify Microsoft CHAP Version 2 is the only one checked.
- Left click Advanced Settings
- Enter the pre shared key
- Left click Ok.
- Left click the Networking tab remove everything except Internet Protocol Version 4
- Left click Ok
- Congratulations your L2TP/IPSec w/ Pre-Shared Key for Windows 7 setup is complete.
- You can now connect to it.
- Please visit HTTP://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/KB/926179 and apply this fix if you are behind a NAT device and are unable to connect.
- 3 Users Found This Useful
Click your Apple Menu located in the upper left cornerClick System PreferencesInside...
Download Tunnelblick the free OpenVPN Client from GOOGLE CODE...
Navigate to Applications and open Internet ConnectInside Internet Connect click...
Click Start -> Control PanelFrom Control Panel, left click View...
Download 32 bit or 64 bit OpenVPN Windows Installer from OPENVPN.NET...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution