- Left Click Start -> Control Panel
- Inside Control Panel, under Network and Internet left click View network status and tasks
- Below Change your networking settings, left click Set up a new connection or network
- Inside Set Up a Connection or Network window, choose Connect to a workplace then left click Next
- inside the window Connect to a Workplace, left click on Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Inside Internet address: enter Your Perferred Server
- Inside Destination name: enter SMR Hosting IPSEC
- Check Don't connect now; just it up so I can connect later
- Click Next
- Inside User name: enter your username (Its usually your email address)
- Inside Password: enter your password
- (optional) Select Remember this password
- Left Click Create
- Close the window - Do Not Connect!
- In Network and Sharing Center, left click Change Adapter Settings its on the left hand side.
- Right click on SMR Hosting IPSEC left click Properties
- Select Options tab uncheck Include Windows logon domain
- Select the Security tab in the dropdown box Type of VPN choose Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPSec (L2TP/IPsec)
- inside the Data encryption drop down box choose Maximum strength encryption
- Choose Allow these protocols verify Microsoft CHAP Version 2 is the only one checked.
- Left click Advanced Settings
- Enter the pre shared key
- Left click Ok.
- Left click the Networking tab remove everything except Internet Protocol Version 4
- Left click Ok
- Congratulations your L2TP/IPSec w/ Pre-Shared Key for Windows 7 setup is complete.
- You can now connect to it.
- Please visit HTTP://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/KB/926179 and apply this fix if you are behind a NAT device and are unable to connect.
- 3 Users Found This Useful
Click your Apple Menu located in the upper left cornerClick System PreferencesInside...
Connect your iPhone, iPad, iTouch to our PPTP VPNGo to your...
Click Start -> Control PanelFrom Control Panel, left click View...
VPN Setup Guide: DD-WRT over PPTPInside your DD-WRT menu...
From Terminal, install openvpn package using apt-get install...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution